Return on Values Roadmapping
It is undeniable – a brand’s values have a massive influence on sales and can lead to intense customer loyalty. But becoming a values-driven company can be scary. How can your organization position itself to move forward in this new and often controversial space with confidence?
That is precisely why we decided to utilize the Values Return Index (VRI) as the backbone for our roadmapping process. The VRI is designed so your brand can understand its:
- Real POV – how do customers actually perceive your brand’s Portfolio Of Values?
- Competitive Landscape – where is your brand differentiated?
- Evolving Sentiment – is consumer sentiment changing due to your own marketing campaigns or the news?
- Values Equity – what is financial impact of each of your brand values?
Armed with insights from these four critical areas, we will help your brand create a genuine roadmap for deeper customer connection.
Understanding the makeup of your company’s Portfolio Of Values (POV) is the first step in the journey to establishing a customer base of permanent, passionate brand advocates.
Consumers use brand values as a mental heuristic – a short cut for the brain. When a brand shares their values, customers don’t need to weigh all the variables, which allows them to save time and feel good about their purchase. Decision paralysis melts away and is replaced by brand loyalty.
What is the VRI?
The Values Return Index (VRI) is an essential tool for companies looking to take their loyalty strategy to the next level. It is generated utilizing AI to conduct analysis on a range of data sources, including consumer surveys, social media, and website data. It then maps to 20 values-based categories selected for their universal impact on buying decisions and business focus such as sustainability, equality, innovation, and affordability to deliver a values equity assessment.
Once that is established the VRI can answer 4 key business questions:
Our team of experts will leverage the VRI data, filtering insights through Chapman & Co.’s Truly Human lens to create a successful loyalty strategy for your brand. A strategy including:
- A deeper understanding of the values & causes that impact the purchasing habits of your most-valued customers
- A values-based segmentation layer to enhance your existing segmentation strategy
- Recommendations for adjusting language and program benefits to more effectively project your Real POV
- A plan to utilize the VRI as an ongoing diagnostic, allowing your team to monitor consumer sentiment in real time, providing validation and guidance as you continue your loyalty journey
Return on Values Roadmapping has been designed for companies that are currently:
- Prioritizing internal company culture and values commitment, but isn’t sure if those efforts are connecting through to customers
- Investing PR budget to share their commitment to values/social causes with the market, but is struggling to quantify the business impact
- Integrating values-based messaging into their marketing strategy, and looking to verify the impact on customer engagement and loyalty
- Performing market research, and looking to establish an evergreen scoreboard to track where they and their competitors stand with regards to values alignment with key demographic segments