Get Actionable Results from Your Engagement Surveys
By grit, talent, and teamwork your business made it through 2020. Congratulations! The new normal, or next normal, or whatever we’ll call it, is finally coming into view. At this inflection point, it’s time to take stock with your team.
Understanding your employees’ sense of engagement and working with them and your leadership team on adjustments, will not only strengthen your culture but can have a big impact on your organization’s performance as well.
When an employee engagement survey is done right, it can be a powerful way to build trust and gather insights to make all of your people decisions smarter. When employee surveys are poorly planned and executed, they can actually erode trust and damage engagement. At Chapman & Co., we can lead you through the ‘right ways’ learned through our global parent company Barry-Wehmiller and its integration of more than 115 cultures through acquisition.
This year, especially this year, it’s essential to get it right.
The stakes are high. For example:
- 83% of employers polled by PWC in early 2021 say that the shift to remote work has been successful for their company. The same poll, though, found concerning gaps between employer and employee perceptions in critical areas ranging from childcare benefits to the timing and long-term plan for returning to the office.
- Similar gaps are evident in the recent Microsoft Work Trend Index, which reports that 61% of leaders say they are thriving, a rate 23% higher than the average worker. And, a striking 46% of employees in the poll say they are planning to move to a new location this year and 41% are mulling leaving their jobs.
The time is now to check in with your employees and respond to their concerns to help you retain your top performers.
The mistake many organizations make is to treat a survey simply as a way to measure engagement. The purpose of a survey is to improve employee engagement. The very act of surveying is engagement in itself. Ask, then act.
Show your people that you’re listening and looking out for their best interests.
To get there, we utilize our five-step process:
- Communicate the purpose
- Customize questions and demographics for your organization
- Train your leaders through the process
- Convert scores into meaningful insights
- Define path forward for your leaders
This process is rooted in a belief in people and facilitates a conversation on advancing your culture. Our tools are not cookie cutter and our new lived experience is certainly not either. We can add custom scaled and open-ended questions.
Lately we have seen a significant increase in the use of our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion extension. As well, polling shows that burn-out is rampant and employers need tools to check-in and respond on employee wellbeing. Our expertise and platform allow us to design the survey to fit the needs of your organization.